Saturday, July 12, 2014

Birthday Banter......by Joyce Oroz


We all have them until we die.
We complain about having them until we die.
We celebrate them until we die.


Why do we worry over birthdays?
I think it's because we don't know how many are left in the birthday vault of the birthday bank. Especially the ones with a big zero at the end. Ouch!
So far my birthday week has been a hoot, lunch at the Grill with the girls, lunch with husband at a fine restaurant, roses, and looking forward to tomorrow's lunch with the kids, not to mention some wonderful telephone calls. How did the tele-marketers know it was my birthday?

I decided a week full of special lunches is a lot for the waistline to handle so I set up a yoga exercise class for the main munchers. Yes I did fall off the porch, but it did not affect my pose. No I was not tipsy, but when I got up and brushed myself off, I wished I was. But it only hurts when I sit down, which will complicate tomorrow's birthday lunch. Who invented birthdays anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment