Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Schedule.........Joyce Oroz

It's that time of year, red leaves, grey skies and Holiday Events everywhere you look. My new book, Roller Rubout arrived today, one copy--the first copy of my sixth book in the Josephine Stuart Mystery Series--just in time for the Aromas Hills Artisan's Holiday Art Festival, November 22nd and 23rd. 

I can almost taste the cider and cookies, and feel the warm fire in the fireplace at the refurbished Grange in Aromas. From 10:00am to 4:00pm I will be sharing the "writer's table" with authors, Giselle Rocha, Debra Smith and Pat Hanson. Surrounding our table will be the various artisans with their fabulous Paintings, Pottery, Jewelry, Photography, Knitted items, Fused Glass, Silk Flowers, Relief Prints, Embroidered Children's' Clothing, Greeting Cards, Beaded Ornaments, Lapidary Jewelery, Woven items, Stained glass, Wood Santas, a sack of lively elves and twenty pounds of pixy dust.



The Watsonville Elks are hosting another grand Christmas Crafts event Friday, November 14th and Saturday, November 15th at the Elk’s Lodge on Martinelli Street. 


There will be over forty booths offering handmade jewelry, knitted items, candles, knick knacks and this year there will be a local author’s table featuring books by Debra Smith, Giselle Rocha, Pat Hanson and me. I will be signing my newest book, “Roller Rubout” and "Read My Lipstick" at the 20th annual event from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Friday and Saturday. Debra will be signing her newest book, Warriors of the Forest, MG/YA. Be sure to look for Laurie Tholen’s wonderful copper jewelry and mermaids. This is a very popular event—don’t miss it!


If I survive the first two weekends, I will be signing books at the Alladin Nursery December 5th, 6th, and 7th from 4pm to 8pm at the 9th annual Christmas Open House.

As the night falls, we sit around a crackling fire and enjoy some homemade pastries with a cup of coffee, delicious hot apple cider, or a glass of local wine.

We will listen to live classical guitar and when we’ve warmed up, dance to live jazz!

The nursery will be illuminated with colorful light displays and the gift shop will be transformed into a Christmas Wonderland, full of gifts for everyone to enjoy.

There will also be a small craft fair, featuring local artists, and what else?? A writer's table of course. 


But that's not all. Monday, December 15th I will be signing my new "Roller Rubout" books at the Watsonville Hospital in the Senior Circle Library from 10:45am to noon. I hope I will see lot's of friends along my book tour. I will have a fresh supply of "Read My Lipstick" (first time in print).

And don't forget to shop at our local Dragonfly Gallery in Aromas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment